pic

pic

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Well, I've decided that Im going to start blogging again. I only did it for about a week last time because I had nothing exciting going on.
Now that Josh and I have been married for 1 year, we've got alot more going on. We recently remodeled our downstairs living room/theater room. Let me tell ya, it was a pain in the BUTT!! We really hadn't planned on remodeling it for a while, until one night around 1 AM I heard a loud banging downstairs, I went down to see what was going on and I found my hubby tearing down some paneling in the hallway.  So, of course now we have to tear down the paneling in the rest of the basement. So that is how it started.
It took us a total of about 2 months to finally finish it. We would do bit by bit. We were both too busy to really spend a whole day on it. It also took longer because our house is Crooked, so Josh had to make a whole bunch of different things look level. Im so grateful for a husband who can figure that stuff out and make our home look beautiful. Once he finished his part, I started mine...the painting. Im known for being the MESSIEST painter ever! He tells everyone of his first experience painting with me. We were painting our upstairs a maroon/red and so of course we put plastic down, but he didn't realize that he would need to be putting the plastic on the couches also. I somehow got the couch splattered with paint from 20 ft away. Also, one of the times we were painting outside I trailed white paint all the way down our porch stairs and on the side of the house. Don't ask me how I do it, but I do. I honestly try not to be messy, but it's pretty darn hard.
So, when Josh told me that I would be painting downstairs I was kind of nervous because we have new couches and we would be painting the walls purple, but amazingly, I didnt get a single drop on anything. I was so proud of myself.
I will post pictures soon. Josh will be putting the baseboard on soon, so I dont want to take pictures without that on.
Hopefully I can update my blog atleast 3 times a week, but we'll see how it goes.

Lots of Love
xoxox
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment